Friday 28 November 2014

Clarity Card Challenge : Travel

Today I am showing the card that I have entered into the Clarity Stamp Card Challenge.

This month the theme is TRAVEL

I was inspired by a project that Barbara detailed on her blog earlier this week.
Creating a background with various distress inks and some Adirondak ink colours.

Masking out the moon shape. Colouring the moon with a hint of Butterscotch, sounds yummy !

Finally adding the stamp of a young boy being carried away (possibly to the moon, in a flight of fantasy) by a flock of birds. This is such a strong image I felt that my card was complete.

I have used tea stain distress ink on the edge, stamped the boy and birds with Sepia Archival ink for a softer interpretation. Then mounting on kraft card and a dark green which seemed to fit with the colours, does not come out so well on the photograph though.








I have just read Barbara's blog today, Thursday, and seen the most amazing autumn leaf card, got to order the stencil and hook out my maple leaf stamps. Love the doodled edges to the print.


Thanks for visiting and reading about my card design.

Kathy x

3 comments:

  1. loving the moody background you have created here Kathy, thanks for entering the Claritystamp challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on Barbara's blog...your background is fabulous. Like you I like the look of the new leafy stencil and have ordered mine..I am looking forward to seeing what you create with it. ..have a good weekend...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, love your fly me to the moon card. Thanks for taking part in this month's challenge and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete